Drexel topped Hofstra 63-54 in CAA play on a night when they had only nine turnovers. With the win, the Dragons stay undefeated against Hofstra this season at 2-0. Damion Lee paced the Dragons and put up a team-high 17 points and six rebounds. Frantz Massenat also had a solid outing, scoring 16 points (4 Ast 3 Stl). For the Pride, Stevie Mejia finished with a game-high 22 points and six rebounds. Drexel (11-15, 7-7 CAA) takes on Delaware (13-13, 8-5 CAA) on Thursday, Feb. 21 on the road.
Drexel Game Notes
- The last time Drexel started the season 11-15 was 1999.
- Drexel has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- This season Drexel has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Damion Lee has six rebounds or more.
- The Dragons set season highs for free throws made (21) and steals (12).
- The last time Drexel recorded at least 12 steals was Dec 18, 2009 against Cal State Northridge.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Drexel has a -0.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Damion Lee and Frantz Massenat) accounted for 52.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Daryl McCoy and Damion Lee) accounted for 48.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Damion Lee has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 26 games this season.
- Daryl McCoy has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 26 games this season.
- Daryl McCoy had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Derrick Thomas has six straight double-digit point games.
- Frantz Massenat has five straight double-digit point games.
Hofstra Game Notes
- This loss extended the Pride losing streak to three games.
- Stephen Nwaukoni recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- Stevie Mejia accounted for 40.7 percent of the team's points.
- Stephen Nwaukoni accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Stevie Mejia has led the team in scoring 10 times in 27 games this season.
- Stephen Nwaukoni has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Stevie Mejia's career.
- Stevie Mejia has six straight double-digit point games.
- Stevie Mejia set career highs with 22 points and seven field goals made.
- Stephen Nwaukoni recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stephen Nwaukoni set a career high with 12 defensive rebounds.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Jordan Allen.