NC Central 71
(18-8, 8-5 away)
SC State 52
(5-19, 4-8 home)
Venue: SHM Memorial Center
7:40PM ET / 4:40PM PT, February 18, 2013
||J Ingram 26
||D Williams 7
||E Chapman 10
||A "Louie" Adams 13
||S Mitchell 5
||K Toombs 6
South Carolina State was trounced by North Carolina Central 71-52 in conference play on Monday, Feb. 18. The Bulldogs got 11 points and six assists from Khalif Toombs. Darryl Palmer scored eight points and added four rebounds. Jeremy Ingram finished with a game-high 26 points (6 Reb 3 Stl) for the Eagles, making 5 of 7 from three-point range. South Carolina State (5-19, 1-9 MEAC) heads to Bethune-Cookman (9-16, 4-6 MEAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
South Carolina State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:00 left to go.
- The last time SCSU started the season 5-19 was 2011.
- South Carolina State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording 52 or fewer total points.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 32.7 percent or worse.
- South Carolina State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.0 percent or better this season, South Carolina State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, South Carolina State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition commits 14 or fewer turnovers this season, South Carolina State has lost 94 percent of the time (1-15).
- South Carolina State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--SCSU has a -5.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Adama "Louie" Adams and Khalif Toombs) accounted for 46.1 percent of the points.
- Adama "Louie" Adams has led the team in scoring in four out of 24 games this season.
- Khalif Toombs has three straight double-digit point games.
North Carolina Central Game Notes
- Jeremy Ingram accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Jeremy Ingram has led the team in scoring 14 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Jeremy Ingram's career.
- Jeremy Ingram has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Ingram set a career high with five three-pointers.
- This game was the ninth double-digit assist game of Emanuel Chapman's career.
|D||Jay Copeland Jr||19||2||3||0||0||0||5|