(15-12, 5-9 away)
(17-11, 9-4 home)
Venue: Webster Bank Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 18, 2013
||L Jones 29
||D Laury 6
||D Gomez 3
||D Needham 17
||A Sidibe 9
||J Jenkins 5
Iona faced off with Fairfield on Monday, Feb. 18 and suffered a heartbreaking loss against the Stags 66-64 in conference play. With the loss, the Gaels tie the season series against Fairfield at 1-1. The Gaels got a game-high 29 points and two rebounds from Lamont Jones. Sean Armand also had a good game, scoring 14 points and adding four rebounds. Derek Needham finished with a team-high 17 points and six rebounds for the Stags. Iona (15-12, 9-7 MAAC) gets Indiana State (16-10, 9-6 The Valley) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Iona Game Notes
- Iona beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- The Gaels have been unlucky 10 times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Iona is 25-38 in close games.
- Iona has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 64 or fewer total points.
- The Gaels have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after having a three-point percentage of 28.6 percent or worse.
- Iona set a season low for three-pointers (four).
- The Gaels have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Iona has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the eighth loss of the season where the Gaels opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Lamont Jones accounted for 45.3 percent of the team's points.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 27 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 27 games this season.
- Sean Armand has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 34th 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Fairfield Game Notes
- The Stags won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Fairfield is 31-27 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Derek Needham and Justin Jenkins) accounted for 43.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Amadou Sidibe and Colin Nickerson) accounted for 43.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Derek Needham has led the team in scoring 16 times in 28 games this season.
- Amadou Sidibe has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 28 games this season.