(25) Notre Dame 51
(21-6, 5-4 away)
(20) Pittsburgh 42
(20-7, 16-3 home)
Venue: Petersen Events Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 18, 2013
||J Grant 13
||J Cooley 9
||E Atkins 7
||T Woodall 11
||L Patterson 5
||C Wright 3
Even though they entered the game as a 10-point underdog, No. 25 Notre Dame got a victory on the road against No. 20 Pittsburgh 51-42 in conference action. The Fighting Irish improve to 4-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Eric Atkins had a big game for the Fighting Irish and put up 10 points and seven assists. Jack Cooley also had a solid outing, scoring a game-high 13 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Panthers, Tray Woodall finished with a team-high 11 points and two rebounds. Next up for Notre Dame (21-6, 9-5 Big East) is Cincinnati (19-6, 7-5 Big East) on Sunday, Feb. 24 at home.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- Notre Dame started 21-6 during the 2007, 2006, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- ND beat the spread by 19 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Fighting Irish have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, ND played 53 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 25-28.
- The Fighting Irish have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 40 or more rebounds.
- Notre Dame has won every game this season (5-0) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- Notre Dame has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when its three-point percentage has been 42.9 percent or better.
- ND has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 25 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Notre Dame has won 89 percent of the time (16-2) when Jack Cooley has 13 points or more, 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Jerian Grant plays 38 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Pat Connaughton has six rebounds or more.
- The Fighting Irish have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- Notre Dame has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Fighting Irish came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Jack Cooley and Jerian Grant) accounted for 50.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jack Cooley and Tom Knight) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Jack Cooley has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 23 times in 27 games this season.
- Jack Cooley has seven straight double-digit point games.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tray Woodall and Steven Adams) accounted for 45.2 percent of the points.
- Tray Woodall has led the team in scoring seven times in 27 games this season.
- Lamar Patterson has led the team in rebounding six times in 27 games this season.
- Tray Woodall has six straight double-digit point games.