(25) Notre Dame 51
(21-6, 5-4 away)
(20) Pittsburgh 42
(20-7, 16-3 home)
Venue: Petersen Events Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 18, 2013
||J Grant 13
||J Cooley 9
||E Atkins 7
||T Woodall 11
||L Patterson 5
||C Wright 3
Though they were a 10-point favorite coming into the game, No. 20 Pittsburgh lost in front of the home crowd against No. 25 Notre Dame 51-42 in conference play. With the loss, the Panthers go to 3-5 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Tray Woodall put up a team-high 11 points and two rebounds for the Panthers. Steven Adams had eight points and added four rebounds. For the Fighting Irish, Eric Atkins got 10 points and seven assists. This makes three losses in a row for the Panthers. Pittsburgh (19-7, 7-6 Big East) travels to St. John's (15-10, 7-6 Big East) on Sunday, Feb. 24.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- The last time Pittsburgh started the season 20-7 was 2004.
- Prior to this game, Pittsburgh played 49 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 25-24.
- Pittsburgh has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 25 or fewer rebounds.
- Pittsburgh set season lows for assists (10), field goals made (16), field goal percentage (34.8), three-pointers (zero), three-point percentage (0.0), and total points (42).
- Pittsburgh has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Panthers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--Pittsburgh has a 18.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Tray Woodall and Steven Adams) accounted for 45.2 percent of the points.
- Tray Woodall has led the team in scoring in seven out of 27 games this season.
- Lamar Patterson has led the team in rebounding in six out of 27 games this season.
- Tray Woodall has six straight double-digit point games.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jack Cooley and Jerian Grant) accounted for 50.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jack Cooley and Tom Knight) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Jack Cooley has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 23 times in 27 games this season.
- Jack Cooley has seven straight double-digit point games.