William & Mary squared off with Georgia State on Monday, Feb. 18 and topped the Panthers 75-63 in CAA play. With the win, the Tribe tie the season series against Georgia State at 1-1. The Tribe got the win with 10 points and nine rebounds from Kyle Gaillard. Brandon Britt was on fire from three-point range, going 6 for 8 to get to a game-high 20 points overall (5 Reb 3 Stl). Manny Atkins finished with 11 points and nine rebounds for the Panthers. This makes three wins in a row for the Tribe. Next up for William & Mary (12-13, 6-8 CAA) is George Mason (15-11, 8-6 CAA) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
William & Mary Game Notes
- The last time W&M started the season 12-14 was 2002.
- The win over Georgia State extended the William & Mary winning streak to three games.
- W&M beat the spread by 13.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Tribe have beaten the spread.
- W&M has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- This season William & Mary has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Brandon Britt has 20 points or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Kyle Gaillard has four free throws made or more.
- The Tribe set a season high for three-point percentage (66.7).
- The last time W&M had a three-point percentage of 66.7 percent or higher was Feb 17, 2001 against Old Dominion.
- The Tribe have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--W&M has a 6.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Britt and Matt Rum) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- Kyle Gaillard accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Britt has led the team in scoring in seven out of 26 games this season.
- Kyle Gaillard has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 26 games this season.
- Marcus Thornton has 26 straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Rum had career highs with 16 points and four three-pointers.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Brandon Britt's career.
- Brandon Britt has six straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Britt had a career high with six three-pointers.
Georgia State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (R.J. Hunter and Manny Atkins) accounted for 41.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Manny Atkins and Markus Crider) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- R.J. Hunter has led the team in scoring 15 times in 29 games this season.
- Manny Atkins has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 29 games this season.
- Manny Atkins has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Manny Atkins set a career high with five offensive rebounds.