Georgia State 63
(14-15, 5-9 away)
William & Mary 75
(12-14, 8-4 home)
Venue: William & Mary Hall
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 18, 2013
|William & Mary
||R Hunter 15
||M Atkins 9
||R Hunter 3
|William & Mary
||B Britt 20
||K Gaillard 9
||T Rusthoven 5
Georgia State was beaten at home by William & Mary 75-63 in conference play on Monday, Feb. 18. With the loss, the Panthers tie the season series against William & Mary at 1-1. Manny Atkins put up 11 points and nine rebounds in a losing effort. R.J. Hunter had a team-high 15 points and added four rebounds. For the Tribe, Kyle Gaillard got 10 points and nine rebounds. Next up for Georgia State (14-15, 9-7 CAA) is James Madison (16-12, 10-5 CAA) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Georgia State Game Notes
- Georgia State started 14-15 during the 2004 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Panthers have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0 percent or worse.
- Georgia State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after recording 63 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Georgia State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Georgia State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Georgia State has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- GSU set season lows for blocks (zero) and free throws made (three).
- The Panthers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Georgia State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (R.J. Hunter and Manny Atkins) accounted for 41.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Manny Atkins and Markus Crider) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- R.J. Hunter has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 29 games this season.
- Manny Atkins has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 29 games this season.
- Manny Atkins has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Manny Atkins had a career high with five offensive rebounds.
William & Mary Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brandon Britt and Matt Rum) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- Kyle Gaillard accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Britt has led the team in scoring seven times in 26 games this season.
- Kyle Gaillard has led the team in rebounding seven times in 26 games this season.
- Marcus Thornton has 26 straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Rum set career highs with 16 points and four three-pointers.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Brandon Britt's career.
- Brandon Britt has six straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Britt set a career high with six three-pointers.