|Rutgers||E Carter 14.9||W Judge 5.7||D Miller 2.6|
|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.6||M Yarou 7.1||R Arcidiacono 3.4|
On Monday, Rutgers heads to The Pavilion to take on Villanova. It starts at 9 a.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Scarlet Knights are 1-5 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They fell 70-49 on Mar. 6, 2012, the last time they met.
Rutgers is in 12th place in the conference, Villanova is in eigth place.
In spite of 28 points from Myles Mack, the Scarlet Knights came up short 75-69 against DePaul on Feb. 16. He leads the team in steals per game with 1.8 while also putting up 13.2 points per game. For the Wildcats, Mouphtaou Yarou finished with 11 points and 16 rebounds in the 70-61 win over Connecticut on Feb. 16. He is averaging 9.1 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 7.1 per game. The Four Factors in which Villanova stands out are free throw rate at 49.3 percent and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.4 percent.
- Myles Mack is ranked 9th in the Big East in three-pointers and 7th in the Big East in steals.
- The Rutgers scoring leader (Eli Carter, 354 points) has more points than the Villanova scoring leader (JayVaughn Pinkston, 313 points).
- The Rutgers steals leader (Myles Mack, 41 steals) has more steals than the Villanova steals leader (Darrun Hilliard, 36 steals).
- Rutgers has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Villanova ($19,760 vs. $31,048).
- Rutgers players are more experienced than Villanova players (13,998 minutes played vs. 11,707 minutes played).
- Rutgers has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Villanova ($25,272 vs. $51,520).
- Rutgers has a better record in close games than Villanova this season (6-2 vs. 5-4).
- Rutgers has a stronger schedule than Villanova this season (SOS Rank: No. 22 vs. No. 35).
- Rutgers is better at defending the three (31.2 percent allowed vs. 35.9 percent allowed) than Villanova this season.
- Rutgers has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Villanova ($36,734 vs. $51,520).
- Rutgers has an average margin of victory of 8 over Villanova in six wins since 1995.