West Virginia vs. Kansas State: Full Game Preview
|West Virginia||E Harris 9.2||A Murray 6.4||J Staten 3.1|
|Kansas State||R McGruder 15.0||T Gipson 5.3||A Rodriguez 5.0|
No. 10 Kansas State plays host to West Virginia at Bramlage Coliseum on Monday. The game tips off at 9 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Wildcats beat the Mountaineers 65-64 on Jan. 12 and are 1-1 against them over the last four years.
Kansas State is first in the conference and West Virginia is seventh. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In an 81-61 beatdown of Baylor on Feb. 16, Angel Rodriguez put up 22 points and 5 rebounds for the Wildcats. On top of his scoring average of 10.7 points per game, he delivers 5 assists per game. For the Mountaineers, Deniz Kilicli put up 25 points and 8 rebounds in the 66-64 win over Texas Tech on Feb. 16. He contributes 4.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.6 points per game. The Four Factors in which West Virginia stands out are free throw rate at 41.6 percent and offensive rebounding percentage at 37.3 percent.
West Virginia StatSmack
- Rodney McGruder is ranked 3rd in the Big 12 in points.
- Kansas State has a better scoring defense (59.4 allowed per game vs. 65.7 allowed per game) than West Virginia this season.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Kansas State is superior to West Virginia (Latest AP Poll: No. 10 vs. Not Ranked).
- Kansas State has a better record on the road than West Virginia this season (5-2 vs. 3-6).
- It's only wins and losses, but Kansas State has a better overall record than West Virginia this season (19-5 vs. 12-12).
- Even computers respect Kansas State more. Kansas State has a better RPI this season than West Virginia (RPI: No. 22 vs. No. 92).
- Will Spradling is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- Kansas State players are more experienced than West Virginia players (14,688 minutes played vs. 13,015 minutes played).
- Kansas State has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (71.0 percent to 65.0 percent).
- Kansas State has a better record at home than West Virginia this season (11-1 vs. 7-3).