|Alabama A&M||D Tabb 14.0||D Tabb 9.5||J Crutcher 5.2|
|Southern University||D Beltran 16.3||B Moore 7.5||J Grace 3.7|
On Monday, Southern University welcomes Alabama A&M at F.G. Clark Center. It gets started at 9 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Cox Sports. The Jaguars defeated the Bulldogs 82-68 on Jan. 21 and are 4-5 against them over the past four years.
Southern University is currently in first place in the conference and Alabama A&M is in eigth.
In a 58-49 win over Alabama State on Feb. 16, Jameel Grace put up 24 points for the Jaguars. He is averaging 9.1 points per game while also contributing a team-high 3.7 assists per game. In a 72-65 victory over Alcorn State on Feb. 16, Demarquelle Tabb put up 20 points and 14 rebounds for the Bulldogs. He puts up a team-leading 14 points per game, 9.5 rebounds per game, and 1.5 blocks per game.
Alabama A&M StatSmack
- Southern University has a better conference record than Alabama A&M this season (11-2 vs. 4-8).
- The Southern University scoring leader (Derick Beltran, 417 points) has more points than the Alabama A&M scoring leader (Demarquelle Tabb, 317 points).
- Even computers respect Southern University more. Southern University has a better RPI this season than Alabama A&M (RPI: No. 197 vs. No. 340).
- Boom! Southern University crushed Alabama A&M by 14 points the last time they played (Jan 21, 2013).
- Southern University is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Southern University is 197 lbs compared to 192 lbs for Alabama A&M.
- The Southern University steals leader (Christopher Hyder, 36 steals) has more steals than the Alabama A&M steals leader (Demarquelle Tabb, 32 steals).
- Southern University is better at defending the three (27.2 percent allowed vs. 35.0 percent allowed) than Alabama A&M this season.
- Macolm Miller is ranked 4th in the SWAC in points, 7th in the SWAC in rebounds, and 29th nationally in three-pointers.
- Southern University is a better three-point shooting team (36.5 percent vs. 28.8 percent) than Alabama A&M this season.
- Southern University is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Southern University is 76.2 inches compared to 75.2 inches for Alabama A&M.