|Notre Dame||J Cooley 14.6||J Cooley 11.2||E Atkins 5.9|
|Pittsburgh||T Woodall 10.9||S Adams 6.5||T Woodall 5.4|
No. 16 Pittsburgh hosts No. 21 Notre Dame at Petersen Events Center on Monday. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Panthers are 1-4 against the Fighting Irish over the last four years. They fell 72-59 on Dec. 27, 2011, the last time they met.
Notre Dame and Pittsburgh share fifth place in the Big East.
In spite of 19 points and 5 rebounds from Lamar Patterson, the Panthers came up short 79-69 against Marquette on Feb. 16. He is averaging 10.5 points and 4.2 rebounds per game. For the Fighting Irish, Jack Cooley finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds in the 71-54 loss to Providence on Feb. 16. He puts up a team-leading 14.6 points per game, 11.2 rebounds per game, and 1.3 blocks per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Notre Dame is strong in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 53.8 percent and turnover percentage at 16.8 percent.
Notre Dame StatSmack
- Pittsburgh players are more experienced than Notre Dame players (15,162 minutes played vs. 13,897 minutes played).
- Pittsburgh has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Notre Dame (13 vs. four).
- Pittsburgh has an average margin of victory of 9 over Notre Dame in 13 wins since 1982.
- Pittsburgh has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (75.9 percent to 66.9 percent).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Pittsburgh currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (990 to 1000) than Notre Dame, per the NCAA.
- Pittsburgh has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Notre Dame ($NA vs. $28,371).
- Pittsburgh is better at defending the three (29.6 percent allowed vs. 32.6 percent allowed) than Notre Dame this season.
- Pittsburgh has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Notre Dame ($34,898 vs. $51,735).
- Pittsburgh has a better scoring defense (54.4 allowed per game vs. 64.5 allowed per game) than Notre Dame this season.
- Tray Woodall is ranked 33rd nationally in assists.
- Pittsburgh has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Notre Dame (nine vs. six).