|Howard||M Phillips 11.9||M Phillips 6.6||S Frazier 4.0|
|Bethune-Cookman||A Coleman 17.8||A Coleman 6.8||K Dukes 3.5|
On Monday, Bethune-Cookman plays host to Howard at Moore Gym. Tipoff is at 7:30 p.m. EST. The Wildcats are 5-1 against the Bison over the last four years. The last time they met (Feb. 13, 2012) they won 73-67.
Howard and Bethune-Cookman are packed together in the MEAC, holding down 10th and eigth place, respectively.
In their last outing, despite 31 points and 10 rebounds from Adrien Coleman, the Wildcats fell to North Carolina Central 81-75 on Feb. 11. He leads the team with 17.8 points per game and 6.8 rebounds per game. The Bison were defeated by Florida A&M 46-45 on Feb. 16 despite 9 points and 10 rebounds from Alphonso Leary. He is averaging 5.7 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.4 blocks per game.
Bethune-Cookman appears to have a key statistical advantage over Howard in one area, scoring, where the Wildcats have an edge over the Bison, 65 points per game to 51 points per game.
- Adrien Coleman is ranked 42nd nationally in points, 4th in the MEAC in rebounds, and 9th in the MEAC in assists.
- The Bethune-Cookman assist leader (Kevin Dukes, 87 assists) has more assists than the Howard assist leader (Simuel Frazier, 85 assists).
- It's only wins and losses, but Bethune-Cookman has a better overall record than Howard this season (9-16 vs. 6-19).
- The Bethune-Cookman blocks leader (Alex Smith, 51 blocks) has more blocks than the Howard blocks leader (Alphonso Leary, 33 blocks).
- Bethune-Cookman has a potent offense, scoring more points (65.8 per game vs. 52.0 per game) than Howard this season.
- Bethune-Cookman is a better three-point shooting team (30.7 percent vs. 23.9 percent) than Howard this season.
- Even computers respect Bethune-Cookman more. Bethune-Cookman has a better RPI this season than Howard (RPI: No. 296 vs. No. 329).
- Bethune-Cookman is ranked higher than Howard in the MEAC (No. 8 vs. No. 9).
- Daytona Beach isn't as congested as Washington (population is significantly lower).
- That must sting. Bethune-Cookman has blown out Howard by 20 points or more on three occasions since 1999.
|F||E. Okoro II||3||0||1||0||0||0||0|