Wichita State 68
(22-5, 7-4 away)
Illinois State 67
(16-11, 11-6 home)
Venue: Redbird Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 17, 2013
||M Armstead 18
||D Williams 7
||M Armstead 6
||T Brown 17
||J Carmichael 9
||T Brown 3
Illinois State faced off with Wichita State on Sunday, Feb. 17 and lost a nail-biter to the Shockers 68-67 in conference play. The Redbirds remain winless against Wichita State this season at 0-2. The Redbirds got a team-high 17 points and seven rebounds from Tyler Brown. Johnny Hill had 14 points and added seven rebounds. For the Shockers, Malcolm Armstead finished with a game-high 18 points and six rebounds. Illinois State (16-11, 7-8 The Valley) takes on Evansville (14-12, 7-7 The Valley) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 on the road.
Illinois State Game Notes
- The last time IllSt started the season 16-11 was 2011.
- The Redbirds have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Illinois State is 41-31 in close games.
- Illinois State has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording 32 or fewer rebounds.
- IllSt set a season low for field goals made (17).
- The Redbirds have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the sixth loss of the season where the Redbirds opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--IllSt has a 12.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Brown and Johnny Hill) accounted for 46.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jackie Carmichael and Tyler Brown) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Tyler Brown has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 27 games this season.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 27 games this season.
- Tyler Brown has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Jackie Carmichael has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny Hill had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Wichita State Game Notes
- The Shockers won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Wichita State is 26-31 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Malcolm Armstead and Carl Hall) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- Demetric Williams has led the team in rebounding three times in 27 games this season.
- Malcolm Armstead has three straight double-digit point games.
- Demetric Williams set a career high with seven rebounds.
- Cleanthony Early has three straight double-digit point games.
|D+||Fred Van Vleet||11||3||2||0||1||0||4|