James Madison 72
(16-12, 5-8 away)
(14-13, 8-4 home)
Venue: Bob Carpenter Center
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 17, 2013
||D Moore 19
||R Goins 10
||D Moore 6
||D Saddler 23
||J Hagins 11
||J Threatt 4
Delaware allowed 30 points from three-point territory to James Madison and lost a close one to the Dukes 72-71 in conference play on Sunday, Feb. 17. With the loss, the Fightin' Blue Hens remain winless against James Madison this season at 0-2. Devon Saddler got a game-high 23 points and eight rebounds in a losing effort. Kyle Anderson had 16 points and added six rebounds. For the Dukes, Devon Moore finished with 19 points and six assists. Delaware (13-13, 8-5 CAA) hosts Drexel (10-15, 6-7 CAA) on Thursday, Feb. 21.
Delaware Game Notes
- Delaware started 14-13 during the 2002 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Fightin' Blue Hens have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Delaware is 36-35 in close games.
- When the opposition records 10 or more three-pointers this season, Delaware has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records five or more blocks this season, Delaware has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- The Fightin' Blue Hens have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- Delaware has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UD has a 6.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Devon Saddler accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamelle Hagins and Devon Saddler) accounted for 45.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Devon Saddler has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 27 games this season.
- Jamelle Hagins has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 31st 20-point game of Devon Saddler's career.
- Devon Saddler has 27 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Threatt has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jamelle Hagins recorded the 39th double-digit rebound game of his career.
James Madison Game Notes
- The Dukes won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, James Madison is 25-37 in close games.
- Rayshawn Goins recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10 and field goals attempted with 18.
- The top two scorers (Rayshawn Goins and Devon Moore) accounted for 52.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rayshawn Goins and A.J. Davis) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Rayshawn Goins has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 18 times in 28 games this season.
- Rayshawn Goins recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rayshawn Goins has three straight double-digit point games.
- Rayshawn Goins recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 13th of his career.
- Rayshawn Goins set a career high with 10 free throws made.
- Devon Moore has five straight double-digit point games.