(19-8, 6-3 away)
(13-13, 8-8 home)
Venue: Welsh-Ryan Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 17, 2013
||D Richardson 18
||D Richardson 8
||B Paul 5
||R Hearn 11
||M Turner 7
||K Abrahamson 3
Northwestern was crushed by Illinois 62-41 in conference play on an evening when they shot only 25 percent. The Wildcats even the season series against Illinois at 1-1 with the loss. Reggie Hearn put up a team-high 11 points and three rebounds in the loss. Kale Abrahamson scored six points and added three assists. Brandon Paul got eight points and six rebounds for the Fighting Illini. Northwestern (13-13, 4-9 Big Ten) takes on 20th-ranked Wisconsin (18-8, 9-4 Big Ten) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 on their home court.
Northwestern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:09 left to go.
- Northwestern started 13-13 during the 2005, 2004, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording nine or fewer assists.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.6 percent or better this season, Northwestern has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- When the opposition records 24 or more field goals made this season, Northwestern has lost 75 percent of the time (3-9).
- NU set season lows for assists (nine), field goals made (12), field goal percentage (25.0), three-point percentage (18.5), and total points (41).
- Northwestern has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--NU has a 1.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Reggie Hearn and Alex Marcotullio) accounted for 46.3 percent of the points.
- Reggie Hearn has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Mike Turner has led the team in rebounding in three out of 26 games this season.
- Reggie Hearn has four straight double-digit point games.
Illinois Game Notes
- The top two scorers (D.J. Richardson and Tracy Abrams) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- D.J. Richardson has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding five times in 27 games this season.
- D.J. Richardson has eight straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Richardson set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- Tracy Abrams set a career high with three three-pointers.
- This was the eighth foul out of the season for Nnanna Egwu.
|C||J. Montgomery III||14||2||3||1||0||0||0|