In a low-scoring game, Clemson suffered a heartbreaking loss against No. 3 Miami (FL) 45-43 in conference play. With the loss, the Tigers stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-5 for the season. The Tigers were paced by Jordan Roper, who put up a season-high 19 points on 72.7 percent shooting in 31 minutes. Devin Booker played his way to a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. Julian Gamble got eight points and eight rebounds for the Hurricanes. Clemson (13-12, 5-8 ACC) travels to Maryland (18-7, 6-6 ACC) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Clemson Game Notes
- The last time Clemson started the season 13-12 was 2011.
- Clemson beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Clemson is 24-34 in close games.
- Prior to this game, Clemson played 29 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 6-23.
- Clemson has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 43 or fewer total points.
- The Tigers have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a three-point percentage of 23.5 percent or worse.
- Clemson has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing six or more turnovers.
- Clemson set a season low for free throws made (five).
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Clemson has a 10.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jordan Roper accounted for 44.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Devin Booker and K.J. McDaniels) accounted for 51.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Jordan Roper has led the team in scoring in three out of 25 games this season.
- Devin Booker has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 25 games this season.
- Devin Booker recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devin Booker has three straight double-digit point games.
- Devin Booker recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 12th of his career.
- K.J. McDaniels had a career high with nine rebounds.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kenny Kadji and Julian Gamble) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Durand Scott and Julian Gamble) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Kenny Kadji has led the team in scoring six times in 24 games this season.
- Durand Scott has led the team in rebounding three times in 24 games this season.
- Durand Scott recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.