(9) Arizona 68
(21-4, 9-2 away)
(11-14, 9-7 home)
Venue: Jon M. Huntsman Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 17, 2013
||M Lyons 18
||K Parrom 9
||M Lyons 5
||J DuBois 16
||J Washburn 7
||G Dean 5
Utah faced off with No. 9 Arizona on Sunday, Feb. 17 and lost at home against the Wildcats 68-64 in conference play. The Utes are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-3). The Utes got a good performance from Jason Washburn, who put up 15 points and seven rebounds. Jarred DuBois had 16 points and added two rebounds. Brandon Ashley got 10 points and four rebounds for the Wildcats. Utah (11-14, 3-10 Pac 12) gets Colorado (17-8, 7-6 Pac 12) on the road on Thursday, Feb. 21.
Utah Game Notes
- Utah beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Utes have beaten the spread.
- The Utes have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Utah is 22-25 in close games.
- Prior to this game, Utah played 14 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 2-12.
- The Utes have lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 39.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.2 percent or better this season, Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Utah has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Utah has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- Utah set a season low for blocks (one).
- The Utes have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- Utah has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Utah has a 6.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jarred DuBois and Jason Washburn) accounted for 48.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jason Washburn and Jeremy Olsen) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Jarred DuBois has led the team in scoring in six out of 25 games this season.
- Jason Washburn has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 25 games this season.
- Jason Washburn has three straight double-digit point games.
Arizona Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mark Lyons and Brandon Ashley) accounted for 41.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Parrom and Solomon Hill) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Mark Lyons has led the team in scoring 14 times in 25 games this season.
- Kevin Parrom has led the team in rebounding six times in 25 games this season.
- Solomon Hill has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Mark Lyons has six straight double-digit point games.