(18-8, 3-5 away)
(17-9, 15-2 home)
Venue: Carver-Hawkeye Arena
2:06PM ET / 11:06AM PT, February 17, 2013
||A Hollins 14
||T Mbakwe 6
||E Eliason 4
||R Devyn Marble 15
||E May 7
||R Devyn Marble 2
Minnesota faced off with Iowa on Sunday, Feb. 17 and was smoked by the Hawkeyes 72-51 in conference play. The game remained close at halftime, as Minnesota trailed just 34-29, but Iowa took control in second half and won easily. With the loss, the Golden Gophers even the season series against Iowa at 1-1. The Golden Gophers were led by Trevor Mbakwe, who put up 13 points and six rebounds. Eliott Eliason had four points and added four rebounds (4 Ast 4 Blk). For the Hawkeyes, Eric May got 10 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when Minnesota (18-7, 6-6 Big Ten) goes to 13th-ranked Ohio State (18-7, 8-5 Big Ten).
Minnesota Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:15 left to go.
- Minnesota has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- The Golden Gophers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 36.2 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Minnesota has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.8 percent or better this season, Minnesota has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 12 or more steals this season, Minnesota has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Minnesota has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Austin Hollins and Trevor Mbakwe) accounted for 52.9 percent of the points.
- Austin Hollins has led the team in scoring in six out of 26 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 26 games this season.
- Austin Hollins has three straight double-digit point games.
Iowa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Roy Devyn Marble and Aaron White) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (14).
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring eight times in 26 games this season.
- Eric May has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- Roy Devyn Marble has three straight double-digit point games.