Iowa easily beat Minnesota 72-51 in conference action on Sunday, Feb. 17. Iowa had a small 34-29 lead at halftime, but then put Minnesota away with a big second half. The Hawkeyes even the season series against Minnesota at 1-1 with the win. The Hawkeyes were led by Eric May, who got 10 points and seven rebounds. Aaron White had 15 points and added four rebounds. For the Golden Gophers, Trevor Mbakwe finished with 13 points and six rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Hawkeyes. Next up for Iowa (17-9, 6-7 Big Ten) is Nebraska (12-14, 3-10 Big Ten) on Thursday, Feb. 21 on the road.
Iowa Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:15 left to go.
- The win over Minnesota extended the Iowa winning streak to three games.
- Iowa beat the spread by 20 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- This was the eighth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Iowa has been on the winning end of 21 blowout games.
- Iowa has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.8 percent or better.
- The Hawkeyes have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording six or more blocks.
- Iowa has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 51 or fewer total points.
- Iowa has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 21.4 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Iowa has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Aaron White has 15 points or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Roy Devyn Marble plays 36 minutes or more.
- The Hawkeyes set a season high for three-point percentage (55.6).
- The last time Iowa had a three-point percentage of 55.6 percent or higher was Nov 17, 2011 against Northern Illinois.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Iowa has a 17.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Roy Devyn Marble and Aaron White) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (14).
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring in eight out of 26 games this season.
- Eric May has led the team in rebounding in four out of 26 games this season.
- Roy Devyn Marble has three straight double-digit point games.
Minnesota Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Austin Hollins and Trevor Mbakwe) accounted for 52.9 percent of the points.
- Austin Hollins has led the team in scoring six times in 26 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 26 games this season.
- Austin Hollins has three straight double-digit point games.