(12) Louisville 59
(21-5, 9-4 away)
South Florida 41
(10-15, 8-8 home)
Venue: Sun Dome
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 17, 2013
||R Smith 15
||G Dieng 10
||P Siva 7
||J Poland 11
||K White 9
||A Collins 3
South Florida was easily defeated by No. 12 Louisville 59-41 in conference play on a day when they mustered only 24.5 percent from the floor. The Bulls are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-7). The Bulls were paced by Jawanza Poland, who got a team-high 11 points and five rebounds. Toarlyn Fitzpatrick scored nine points and added three rebounds. Chane Behanan finished with 12 points and four rebounds for the Cardinals. The Bulls are on a five-game losing streak. South Florida (10-15, 1-12 Big East) heads to St. John's (15-10, 7-6 Big East) on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
South Florida Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:37 left to go.
- Prior to this game, USF played 44 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 5-39.
- South Florida has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 41 or fewer total points.
- The Bulls have lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0 percent or worse.
- South Florida has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.8 percent or better this season, South Florida has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 36 or more rebounds this season, South Florida has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- When the opposition records 59 or more total points this season, South Florida has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- South Florida has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Jawanza Poland and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick) accounted for 48.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Victor Rudd and Kore White) accounted for 52.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Jawanza Poland has led the team in scoring in seven out of 25 games this season.
- Victor Rudd has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 25 games this season.
Louisville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Russ Smith and Wayne Blackshear) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Gorgui Dieng and Russ Smith) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring 16 times in 26 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 26 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded the 29th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Russ Smith has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Chane Behanan has three straight double-digit point games.
|C||S. Van Treese||8||0||2||1||0||0||0|