Penn State 71
(8-17, 1-7 away)
(4) Michigan 79
(22-4, 18-0 home)
Venue: Crisler Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 17, 2013
||S Borovnjak 17
||R Travis 10
||D (DJ) Newbill 5
||T Burke 29
||G Robinson III 10
||T Burke 5
Penn State got beat at home by No. 4 Michigan 79-71 in conference play on Sunday, Feb. 17. The Nittany Lions are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-6). The Nittany Lions got a good performance from Sasa Borovnjak, who put up a career-high 17 points and four rebounds. Jermaine Marshall had 17 points and added seven rebounds. For the Wolverines, Trey Burke got a season-high 29 points and five assists. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 21 when Penn State (8-17, 0-13 Big Ten) goes to Illinois (18-8, 5-7 Big Ten).
Penn State Game Notes
- PSU beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Nittany Lions have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, PSU played 49 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 11-38.
- Penn State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Penn State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.9 percent or better this season, Penn State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 27 or more free throws made this season, Penn State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- Penn State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- The top two scorers (Jermaine Marshall and Sasa Borovnjak) accounted for 47.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ross Travis and Jermaine Marshall) accounted for 48.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Jermaine Marshall has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 25 games this season.
- Ross Travis has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 25 games this season.
- Ross Travis recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ross Travis recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Nick Colella.
- Sasa Borovnjak had career highs with 17 points and seven field goals made.
- Jermaine Marshall has three straight double-digit point games.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill has nine straight double-digit point games.
Michigan Game Notes
- Trey Burke recorded a team season high in points with 29, free throws made with eight, and free throws attempted with nine.
- Glenn Robinson III tallied a team season high in free throws made with nine and free throws attempted with 11.
- Trey Burke accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- Glenn Robinson III accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring 16 times in 26 games this season.
- Glenn Robinson III has led the team in rebounding six times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Trey Burke's career.
- Trey Burke has 26 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Glenn Robinson III's career.
- Glenn Robinson III recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
|A||G. Robinson III||33||21||10||0||0||0||1|
|C||Tim Hardaway Jr||30||8||2||1||0||1||0|