Penn State 71
(8-17, 1-7 away)
(4) Michigan 79
(22-4, 18-0 home)
Venue: Crisler Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 17, 2013
||S Borovnjak 17
||R Travis 10
||D (DJ) Newbill 5
||T Burke 29
||G Robinson III 10
||T Burke 5
On Sunday, Feb. 17, No. 4 Michigan took on Penn State and defeated the Nittany Lions 79-71 in conference action. Trey Burke had a big game for the Wolverines and put up a season-high 29 points and five assists. Glenn Robinson III got a double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds. For the Nittany Lions, Sasa Borovnjak finished with a career-high 17 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Sunday, Feb. 24 when Michigan (22-4, 9-4 Big Ten) hosts Illinois (18-8, 5-7 Big Ten).
Michigan Game Notes
- The Wolverines have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 79 or more total points.
- Michigan has won every game this season (6-0) after committing six or fewer turnovers.
- Michigan has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record two or fewer steals.
- Michigan has won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Michigan has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Nik Stauskas has 18 points or more, 83 percent of the time (20-4) when Tim Hardaway Jr plays 30 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Glenn Robinson III has six field goals made or more.
- The Wolverines set a season high for free throws made (27).
- The last time Michigan recorded at least 27 free throws made was Dec 12, 2007 against Oakland.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Michigan has a 21.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trey Burke recorded a team season high in points with 29, free throws made with eight, and free throws attempted with nine.
- Glenn Robinson III tallied a team season high in free throws made with nine and free throws attempted with 11.
- Trey Burke accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- Glenn Robinson III accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 26 games this season.
- Glenn Robinson III has led the team in rebounding in six out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Trey Burke's career.
- Trey Burke has 26 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Glenn Robinson III's career.
- Glenn Robinson III recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
Penn State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Nittany Lions losing streak to 13 games.
- The top two scorers (Jermaine Marshall and Sasa Borovnjak) accounted for 47.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ross Travis and Jermaine Marshall) accounted for 48.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Jermaine Marshall has led the team in scoring 10 times in 25 games this season.
- Ross Travis has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 25 games this season.
- Ross Travis recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ross Travis recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Nick Colella.
- Sasa Borovnjak set career highs with 17 points and seven field goals made.
- Jermaine Marshall has three straight double-digit point games.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill has nine straight double-digit point games.
|A||G. Robinson III||33||21||10||0||0||0||1|
|C||Tim Hardaway Jr||30||8||2||1||0||1||0|