Miami vs. Clemson: Full Game Preview
|Miami||D Scott 14.0||R Johnson 8.7||S Larkin 4.3|
|Clemson||D Booker 12.3||D Booker 7.9||R Hall 3.5|
On Sunday, Clemson plays host to No. 3 Miami (FL) at Littlejohn Coliseum. It gets started at 6 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Tigers are 4-1 against the Hurricanes over the last four years. They lost 76-73 the last time they played (Jan. 18, 2012).
Clemson is in eigth place in the ACC, Miami (FL) is in first place.
In a 56-53 triumph over Georgia Tech on Feb. 14, K.J. McDaniels put up 14 points for the Tigers. He contributes a team-high 2.1 blocks per game and 1.2 steals per game. For the Hurricanes, Shane Larkin finished with 22 points in the 74-68 win over Florida State on Feb. 13. With 4.3 assists per game and 2.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Reviewing current performance metrics, Miami (FL) has an edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Hurricanes have the upper hand over the Tigers, 70 points per game to 62 points per game. Miami (FL) ranks second in their conference in turnover percentage at 17.0 percent, which also places them 22nd in the country.
Miami (FL) StatSmack
- Clemson has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (60.0 percent to 57.9 percent).
- Clemson has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($20,320 vs. $50,148).
- AP voters think more highly of Clemson and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Miami (53 vs. 31).
- The Clemson blocks leader (K.J. McDaniels, 51 blocks) has more blocks than the Miami blocks leader (Julian Gamble, 43 blocks).
- Clemson has an average margin of victory of 10 over Miami in eight wins since 1994.
- Diaper Dandies love Clemson. Clemson has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Miami (5 vs. 2).
- Clemson has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($35,832 vs. $50,148).
- Clemson has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Miami ($18,463 vs. $24,396).
- The Clemson rebounding leader (Devin Booker, 189 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Miami rebounding leader (Kenny Kadji, 151 rebounds).