Northern Iowa 71
(16-11, 4-8 away)
(11-15, 8-6 home)
Venue: Knapp Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 16, 2013
||M Sonnen 17
||S Tuttle 6
||D Mitchell 8
||C Hines 18
||J Clarke 11
||J King 3
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Northern Iowa got a win on the road against Drake 71-64 in The Valley play. With a record of 2-0, the Panthers remain undefeated against Drake this season. The Panthers were led by Marc Sonnen, who got a team-high 17 points (5 Ast 4 Stl), with 15 coming from three-point range. Anthony James had 17 points and added four rebounds. Jordan Clarke recorded a double-double for the Bulldogs on 13 points and 11 rebounds. Northern Iowa (16-11, 9-6 The Valley) gets Missouri State (8-19, 6-9 The Valley) on the road on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- Northern Iowa started 16-11 during the 2006 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Drake extended the Northern Iowa winning streak to five games.
- UNI beat the spread by four points. That makes the 13th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- Northern Iowa has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- The Panthers have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 17 or more assists.
- UNI has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record three or fewer free throws made.
- This season Northern Iowa has won 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Jake Koch has 11 points or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Marc Sonnen has five field goals made or more.
- The Panthers set a season high for steals (12).
- The last time UNI recorded at least 12 steals was Nov 27, 2005 against Upper Iowa University.
- The Panthers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- Marc Sonnen recorded a team season high in steals with four.
- The top two scorers (Anthony James and Marc Sonnen) accounted for 47.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Seth Tuttle and Jake Koch) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony James has led the team in scoring in seven out of 27 games this season.
- Seth Tuttle has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 27 games this season.
- Marc Sonnen had a career high with four steals.
- Jake Koch has four straight double-digit point games.
- Deon Mitchell had a career high with eight assists.
Drake Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to four games.
- Seth VanDeest recorded a team season high in blocks with four.
- The top two scorers (Chris Hines and Jordan Clarke) accounted for 48.4 percent of the points.
- Jordan Clarke accounted for 40.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Chris Hines has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 26 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Clarke has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Clarke recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 12th of his career.
- Seth VanDeest set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and four blocks.
|D||Gary Ricks Jr.||12||0||1||2||0||0||2|