No. 22 Memphis got a road win against Marshall 71-59 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The game was never close, with Memphis leading 43-26 at the half. With a record of 2-0, the Tigers remain unbeaten against Marshall this season. Adonis Thomas secured a double-double in the Tigers win with a career-high 23 points and 10 rebounds. Geron Johnson had 11 points and added five assists. Dennis Tinnon registered a double-double for the Thundering Herd on 15 points and 13 rebounds. The Tigers are on a five-game win streak. Next up for Memphis (22-3, 11-0 C-USA) is Houston (14-9, 4-7 C-USA) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 on their home court.
Memphis Game Notes
- Memphis started 22-3 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Marshall extended the Memphis winning streak to 16 games.
- Memphis beat the spread by two points. That makes the 10th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 41 or more rebounds.
- Memphis has won every game this season (10-0) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- Memphis has won every game this season (11-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- Memphis has won every game this season (12-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Memphis has won 94 percent of the time (17-1) when Joe Jackson has 12 points or more, 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Geron Johnson plays 30 minutes or more, and 91 percent of the time (10-1) when D.J. Stephens has eight rebounds or more.
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- Adonis Thomas recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- Adonis Thomas accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Adonis Thomas and D.J. Stephens) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Adonis Thomas has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 4 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Adonis Thomas's career.
- Adonis Thomas has four straight double-digit point games.
- Adonis Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Adonis Thomas had career highs with 23 points, nine field goals made, and 10 rebounds.
- Geron Johnson has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for D.J. Stephens.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Tarik Black.
Marshall Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Elijah Pittman and DeAndre Kane) accounted for 54.2 percent of the points.
- Dennis Tinnon accounted for 35.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Elijah Pittman has led the team in scoring 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 26 games this season.
- Elijah Pittman has six straight double-digit point games.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded the 31st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 19th of his career.