(22) Memphis 71
(22-3, 7-2 away)
(11-15, 11-5 home)
Venue: Cam Henderson Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||A Thomas 23
||A Thomas 10
||C Crawford 5
||D Kane 16
||D Tinnon 13
||D Kane 5
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Marshall took a home loss to No. 22 Memphis 71-59 in conference play. This one was over at the half, with Memphis up 43-26. The Thundering Herd stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Dennis Tinnon secured a double-double in the Thundering Herd loss with 15 points and 13 rebounds. DeAndre Kane had 16 points and added seven rebounds. Adonis Thomas got a double-double for the Tigers on a career-high 23 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Marshall (11-15, 4-7 C-USA) is UCF (17-8, 7-4 C-USA) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 on the road.
Marshall Game Notes
- Marshall started 11-15 during the 2003 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, Marshall played eight Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 1-7.
- Marshall has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- Marshall has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after committing 20 or more turnovers.
- The Thundering Herd have lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 38.2 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Marshall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, Marshall has lost 86 percent of the time (2-12).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.3 percent or better this season, Marshall has lost 79 percent of the time (3-11).
- Marshall has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Marshall has a 6.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Elijah Pittman and DeAndre Kane) accounted for 54.2 percent of the points.
- Dennis Tinnon accounted for 35.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Elijah Pittman has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 26 games this season.
- Elijah Pittman has six straight double-digit point games.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded the 31st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 19th of his career.
Memphis Game Notes
- Adonis Thomas recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- Adonis Thomas accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Adonis Thomas and D.J. Stephens) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Adonis Thomas has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding four times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Adonis Thomas's career.
- Adonis Thomas has four straight double-digit point games.
- Adonis Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Adonis Thomas set career highs with 23 points, nine field goals made, and 10 rebounds.
- Geron Johnson has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for D.J. Stephens.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Tarik Black.