(6) Syracuse 76
(21-4, 6-4 away)
Seton Hall 65
(13-13, 9-5 home)
Venue: Prudential Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||B Triche 29
||C Fair 11
||B Triche 5
||F Edwin 21
||G Teague 9
||A Cosby 5
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Seton Hall took on No. 6 Syracuse and got beat at home by the Orange 76-65 in conference play. With the loss, the Pirates remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-6 for the season. The Pirates got 14 points and nine rebounds from Gene Teague. Fuquan Edwin had a team-high 21 points and added four rebounds. For the Orange, Brandon Triche finished with a career-high 29 points and six rebounds. Next up for Seton Hall (13-13, 2-11 Big East) is 18th-ranked Marquette (18-6, 9-3 Big East) on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at home.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- Seton Hall started 13-13 during the 2000 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, SHU played 45 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-37.
- Seton Hall has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after recording 32 or fewer rebounds.
- The Pirates have lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after having a field goal percentage of 43.2 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, Seton Hall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Seton Hall has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 24 or more field goals made this season, Seton Hall has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- SHU set a season low for steals (three).
- Seton Hall has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--SHU has a 3.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gene Teague and Brandon Mobley) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 26 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Fuquan Edwin's career.
- Fuquan Edwin has five straight double-digit point games.
Syracuse Game Notes
- Brandon Triche accounted for 38.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Fair and Michael Carter-Williams) accounted for 47.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Brandon Triche has led the team in scoring seven times in 25 games this season.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Brandon Triche's career.
- Brandon Triche set career highs with 29 points and 10 field goals made.
- Michael Carter-Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Carter-Williams set a career high with five offensive rebounds.
- C.J. Fair recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Fair has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Fair recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 10th of his career.
- James Southerland has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Rakeem Christmas.