Bowling Green 50
(10-15, 1-12 away)
(21-4, 13-0 home)
Venue: James A. Rhodes Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 16, 2013
||R Holmes 15
||R Holmes 8
||J Crawford 5
||Z Marshall 15
||Z Marshall 9
||A Abreu 4
On a night when they had 15 turnovers, Bowling Green was smoked by Akron 67-50 in conference play. With the loss, the Falcons remain winless against Akron this season at 0-2. The Falcons were paced by Richaun Holmes, who put up a season-high 15 points and eight rebounds. A`uston Calhoun scored 11 points and added two rebounds. Zeke Marshall got a team-high 15 points and nine rebounds for the Zips. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 21 when Bowling Green (10-15, 5-7 MAC) welcomes New Orleans (7-14).
Bowling Green Game Notes
- The last time BGSU started the season 10-15 was 1997.
- Bowling Green has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording four or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 67 or more total points this season, Bowling Green has lost 100 percent of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition records 23 or more field goals made this season, Bowling Green has lost 100 percent of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Bowling Green has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- The Falcons have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Richaun Holmes and A`uston Calhoun) accounted for 52.0 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (13).
- Richaun Holmes has led the team in rebounding in five out of 25 games this season.
- Luke Kraus had a career high with three three-pointers.
- A`uston Calhoun has 11 straight double-digit point games.
Akron Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Zeke Marshall and Alex Abreu) accounted for 41.7 percent of the points.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 10 times in 25 games this season.
- Brian Walsh has three straight double-digit point games.