(11-14, 2-10 away)
(7-20, 6-6 home)
Venue: Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||J Jerome 20
||A Smith 3
||A Smith 2
||K Mutakabbir 15
||E Washington 5
||E Washington 8
Winthrop faced off with Presbyterian on Saturday, Feb. 16 and lost in front of the home crowd against the Blue Hose 64-57 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Eagles were paced by Joab Jerome, who put up a career-high 20 points and two rebounds. Derrick Henry scored 12 points and added three rebounds. Eric Washington got 11 points and eight assists for the Blue Hose. Winthrop (11-14, 5-8 Big South) gets Gardner-Webb (16-11, 8-5 Big South) on the road on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
Winthrop Game Notes
- Winthrop has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording three or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.5 percent or better this season, Winthrop has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, Winthrop has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 47.4 percent or better this season, Winthrop has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Eagles set a season high for field goal percentage (53.8).
- The last time Winthrop had a field goal percentage of 53.8 percent or higher was Jan 07, 2012 against Virginia Military Institute.
- Winthrop set season lows for assists (six) and rebounds (19).
- The Eagles have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- Joab Jerome accounted for 35.0 percent of the team's points.
- Joab Jerome has led the team in scoring in four out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Joab Jerome's career.
- Joab Jerome has three straight double-digit point games.
- Joab Jerome had career highs with 20 points and eight field goals made.
Presbyterian Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Khalid Mutakabbir and Eric Washington) accounted for 40.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Eric Washington and Joshua Clyburn) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has led the team in scoring 15 times in 27 games this season.
- Eric Washington set a career high with three three-pointers.
- Ryan McTavish set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.