CS Fullerton 66
(12-13, 6-8 away)
UC Irvine 86
(14-13, 11-1 home)
Venue: Bren Events Center
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||J Douglas 14
||J Brandon 6
||D Seeley 5
||D Starring 21
||W Davis II 11
||A Young 7
Cal State Fullerton faced off with UC Irvine on Saturday, Feb. 16 and was destroyed by the Anteaters 86-66 in conference play. With the loss, the Titans remain winless against UC Irvine this season at 0-2. The Titans were paced by James Douglas, who put up a season-high 14 points and three rebounds. Alex Harris scored 12 points and added four rebounds. For the Anteaters, Daman Starring got a game-high 21 points (7 Reb 5 Ast), including 7-of-9 shooting from three-point range. Cal State Fullerton (12-13, 5-8 Big West) takes on Cal Poly (12-11, 8-5 Big West) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 on their home court.
Cal State Fullerton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:00 left to go.
- The last time CSUF started the season 12-13 was 1996.
- Cal State Fullerton has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 22 or fewer field goals made.
- The Titans have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 44 or more rebounds this season, Cal State Fullerton has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records five or more blocks this season, Cal State Fullerton has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 34 or more field goals made this season, Cal State Fullerton has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Cal State Fullerton has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- Jared Brandon has led the team in rebounding in three out of 25 games this season.
- James Douglas had a career high with four three-pointers.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- Daman Starring recorded a team season high in three-pointers with seven.
- The top two scorers (Daman Starring and Adam Folker) accounted for 45.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Davis II and Chris McNealy) accounted for 47.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Daman Starring has led the team in scoring 12 times in 27 games this season.
- Will Davis II has led the team in rebounding eight times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Daman Starring's career.
- Daman Starring set a career high with seven three-pointers.
- Alex Young has five straight double-digit point games.
- Will Davis II recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Will Davis II recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
- Will Davis II set a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
- Chris McNealy recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
|A+||Will Davis II||27||10||11||2||1||5||1|