On an evening when they outshot the Spartans 53.3 percent-31.7 percent, Denver blew out San Jose State 62-41 in conference action. With the win, the Pioneers stay undefeated against San Jose State this season at 2-0. The Pioneers were led by Chris Udofia, who put up a game-high 13 points and five rebounds (5 Ast 5 Stl). Royce O`Neale had 11 points and added six rebounds. For the Spartans, Chris Cunningham finished with seven points and 12 rebounds. The Pioneers are on a five-game win streak. Denver (17-8, 13-2 WAC) gets Northern Iowa (15-11, 8-6 The Valley) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Denver Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:59 left to go.
- The last time Denver started the season 17-8 was 2011.
- The win over San Jose State extended the Denver winning streak to six games.
- Denver beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Pioneers have beaten the spread.
- This was the sixth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Denver has been on the winning end of 14 blowout games.
- The Pioneers have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 24 or more field goals made.
- Denver has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when its field goal percentage has been 53.3 percent or better.
- Denver has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 41 or fewer total points.
- Denver has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 18.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Denver has won 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Chris Udofia has 13 points or more, 86 percent of the time (12-2) when Chase Hallam has four field goals made or more, and 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Royce O`Neale has four assists or more.
- The Pioneers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- Denver has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Udofia and Chase Hallam) accounted for 41.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Royce O`Neale and Cam Griffin) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Udofia has led the team in scoring in eight out of 25 games this season.
- Royce O`Neale has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 25 games this season.
- Royce O`Neale has three straight double-digit point games.
- Royce O`Neale had a career high with a 83 percent field goal percentage.
- Chris Udofia has five straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Udofia had a career high with five steals.
San Jose State Game Notes
- This was the fifth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, SJSU has been on the losing end of 23 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Spartans losing streak to 10 games.
- Chris Cunningham accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- LaVanne Pennington has led the team in scoring four times in 25 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 25 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.