(17-8, 7-6 away)
San Jose State 41
(9-16, 5-8 home)
Venue: Event Center Arena
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
|San Jose State
||C Hallam 13
||C Griffin 6
||C Udofia 5
|San Jose State
||L Pennington 8
||C Cunningham 12
||X Jones 3
San Jose State was outshot 53.3 percent-31.7 percent by Denver and was crushed by the Pioneers 62-41 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The Spartans are now 0-2 against Denver this season. The Spartans were paced by Chris Cunningham, who put up seven points and 12 rebounds. Xavier Jones scored seven points and added three rebounds. For the Pioneers, Chris Udofia finished with a game-high 13 points and five rebounds (5 Ast 5 Stl). San Jose State (9-16, 3-11 WAC) takes on Texas-Arlington (14-9, 9-5 WAC) on Thursday, Feb. 28 on the road.
San Jose State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:59 left to go.
- San Jose State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 41 or fewer total points.
- The Spartans have lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 31.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 24 or more field goals made this season, San Jose State has lost 86 percent of the time (2-12).
- When the opposition records three or more blocks this season, San Jose State has lost 78 percent of the time (4-14).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.9 percent or better this season, San Jose State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- SJSU set a season low for field goals made (13).
- San Jose State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 10 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--SJSU has a -5.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Chris Cunningham accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- LaVanne Pennington has led the team in scoring in four out of 25 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 25 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Denver Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Chris Udofia and Chase Hallam) accounted for 41.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Royce O`Neale and Cam Griffin) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Udofia has led the team in scoring eight times in 25 games this season.
- Royce O`Neale has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 25 games this season.
- Royce O`Neale has three straight double-digit point games.
- Royce O`Neale set a career high with a 83 percent field goal percentage.
- Chris Udofia has five straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Udofia set a career high with five steals.