Colorado faced off with Arizona State on Saturday, Feb. 16 and was edged by the Sun Devils 63-62 in overtime. With the loss, the Buffaloes stay winless against Arizona State this season at 0-2. Spencer Dinwiddie got his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Buffaloes, scoring a game-high 24 points in 39 minutes. The Buffaloes were led by Spencer Dinwiddie, who put up a game-high 24 points in 39 minutes. Xavier Johnson played his way to a double-double with 10 points and 14 rebounds. For the Sun Devils, Jahii Carson finished with a team-high 18 points and four assists. Next up for Colorado (17-8, 7-6 Pac 12) is Utah (11-13, 3-9 Pac 12) on Thursday, Feb. 21 on their home court.
Colorado Game Notes
- Colorado started 17-8 during the 2011 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- Colorado has played in three overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Buffaloes have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 4-9.
- The Buffaloes have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Colorado is 24-30 in close games.
- The Buffaloes have lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after having a three-point percentage of 30.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.0 percent or better this season, Colorado has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- CU set a season low for field goal percentage (35.1).
- The Buffaloes have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--CU has a 13.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Xavier Johnson recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with nine.
- Spencer Dinwiddie accounted for 38.7 percent of the team's points.
- Andre Roberson accounted for 36.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Spencer Dinwiddie has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- Andre Roberson has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 25 games this season.
- Andre Roberson recorded the 57th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Andre Roberson has grabbed double-digit rebounds in four straight games.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Spencer Dinwiddie's career.
- Spencer Dinwiddie has three straight 20+ point games.
- Xavier Johnson recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Xavier Johnson recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
Arizona State Game Notes
- The Sun Devils won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Arizona State is 29-22 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jahii Carson and Evan Gordon) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Jahii Carson has led the team in scoring 15 times in 26 games this season.
- Jonathan Gilling has led the team in rebounding nine times in 26 games this season.
- Jahii Carson has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Jonathan Gilling set a career high with four steals.