(14-9, 10-3 away)
(7-18, 5-11 home)
Venue: Key Arena
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||K Butler 14
||J Reves 11
||C Catlett 4
||J Flora 18
||D Sunderhaus 7
||D Pickett 4
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Seattle took on Texas-Arlington and lost a close one to the Mavericks 65-63 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Redhawks got a career-high 18 points and three rebounds from Jarell Flora. Deshaun Sunderhaus got 13 points and added seven rebounds. Brandon Edwards recorded a double-double for the Mavericks on 12 points and 10 rebounds. The Redhawks are on a five-game losing streak. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 28 when Seattle (7-18, 2-13 WAC) heads to Texas State (7-19, 3-11 WAC).
Seattle Game Notes
- The Redhawks have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Seattle is 16-17 in close games.
- Seattle has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after recording five or fewer three-pointers.
- The Redhawks have lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 39.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 21 or more field goals made this season, Seattle has lost 89 percent of the time (2-17).
- When the opposition records 65 or more total points this season, Seattle has lost 88 percent of the time (2-15).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Seattle has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- The Redhawks have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Seattle has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the sixth loss of the season where the Redhawks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--SU has a -1.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jarell Flora and Deshaun Sunderhaus) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (42) than the starters (21).
- Deshaun Sunderhaus has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 25 games this season.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Deshaun Sunderhaus.
Texas-Arlington Game Notes
- The Mavericks won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-Arlington is 30-32 in close games.
- Jordan Reves recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Reves and Brandon Edwards) accounted for 52.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Kevin Butler has led the team in scoring seven times in 23 games this season.
- Jordan Reves has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.
- Brandon Edwards recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Edwards recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fifth of his career.
- Brandon Edwards set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and seven offensive rebounds.
- Jordan Reves recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Reves recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 11th of his career.
- Jordan Reves set a career high with four steals.
- Cameron Catlett set a career high with seven rebounds.