On a night when they were outscored 24-3 by the Broncos from beyond the three-point line, Pepperdine was beaten at home by Santa Clara 70-60 in conference play. With the loss, the Waves remain winless against Santa Clara this season at 0-2. Jordan Baker put up a team-high 18 points and six rebounds for the Waves. Austin Mills also put in a solid effort, scoring eight points and adding five rebounds. For the Broncos, Evan Roguemore finished with 10 points and six rebounds. Next up for Pepperdine (11-14, 3-9 West Coast) is San Francisco (11-15, 4-9 West Coast) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Pepperdine Game Notes
- The last time Pepperdine started the season 12-14 was 2003.
- Pepperdine beat the spread by three points. That makes the 13th time this season the Waves have beaten the spread.
- Pepperdine has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording four or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Pepperdine has lost 100 percent of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.2 percent or better this season, Pepperdine has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Pepperdine has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- Pepperdine set a season low for three-pointers (one).
- The top two scorers (Jordan Baker and Stacy Davis) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Jordan Baker has led the team in scoring in nine out of 26 games this season.
- Moriba De Freitas has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 26 games this season.
- Jordan Baker has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jordan Baker.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Nikolas Skouen.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- Kevin Foster accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Yannick Atanga and Evan Roguemore) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Kevin Foster has led the team in scoring 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Yannick Atanga has led the team in rebounding nine times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 50th 20-point game of Kevin Foster's career.