On Saturday, Feb. 16, Cal Poly scored 33 points from three-point territory and easily knocked off UC-Santa Barbara 67-49 in conference play. With the win, the Mustangs even the season series against UC-Santa Barbara at 1-1. Dylan Royer was exceptional for the Mustangs and got a career-high 23 points, sinking 7 of 16 from three-point range. Kyle Odister had 11 points. Alan Williams got a double-double for the Gauchos with a game-high 24 points and 17 rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when Cal Poly (12-11, 8-5 Big West) travels to Cal State Fullerton (12-12, 5-7 Big West).
Cal Poly Game Notes
- Cal Poly started 12-11 during the 2010 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over UC-Santa Barbara extended the Cal Poly winning streak to three games.
- Cal Poly beat the spread by 11 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Mustangs have beaten the spread.
- The Mustangs have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 37 or more rebounds.
- Cal Poly has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- This season Cal Poly has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Kyle Odister has 11 points or more.
- The Mustangs set a season high for three-pointers (11).
- The Mustangs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Cal Poly has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Cal Poly has a 12.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Joel Awich recorded a team season high in blocks with three.
- Dylan Royer tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 16.
- Dylan Royer accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's points.
- Dylan Royer has led the team in scoring in seven out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Dylan Royer's career.
- Dylan Royer had career highs with 23 points, eight field goals made, and seven three-pointers.
UC-Santa Barbara Game Notes
- Alan Williams recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13.
- Alan Williams accounted for 48.9 percent of the team's points.
- Alan Williams accounted for 56.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Alan Williams has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Alan Williams's career.
- Alan Williams has four straight double-digit point games.
- Alan Williams recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 13th of his career.
- Alan Williams set career highs with 17 rebounds and 13 defensive rebounds.
- Michael Bryson has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Michael Bryson.