(8) Michigan State 73
(22-4, 7-4 away)
(12-14, 10-7 home)
Venue: Bob Devaney Sports Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||K Appling 16
||A Payne 14
||K Appling 4
||D Talley 28
||S Shields 13
||B Ubel 3
Nebraska lost in front of the home crowd against No. 8 Michigan State 73-64 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The Cornhuskers are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-8). Shavon Shields got 19 points and 13 rebounds for the Cornhuskers, earning a double-double. Dylan Talley had a career-high 28 points. Adreian Payne registered a double-double for the Spartans on 15 points and 14 rebounds. Next up for Nebraska (12-14, 3-10 Big Ten) is Iowa (16-9, 5-7 Big Ten) on Thursday, Feb. 21 on their home court.
Nebraska Game Notes
- The last time Nebraska started the season 12-14 was 2011.
- Nebraska beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Cornhuskers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Nebraska played 40 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-32.
- Nebraska has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 24 or fewer rebounds.
- The Cornhuskers have lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after having a field goal percentage of 35.5 percent or worse.
- Nebraska has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing seven or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.1 percent or better this season, Nebraska has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 42 or more rebounds this season, Nebraska has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 23 or more field goals made this season, Nebraska has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Nebraska has a -0.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Dylan Talley accounted for 43.7 percent of the team's points.
- Shavon Shields accounted for 54.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Dylan Talley has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 26 games this season.
- Shavon Shields has led the team in rebounding in six out of 26 games this season.
- Shavon Shields recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Shavon Shields recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Dylan Talley's career.
- Dylan Talley has four straight double-digit point games.
- Dylan Talley had a career high with 28 points.
Michigan State Game Notes
- Adreian Payne recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- The top two scorers (Keith Appling and Adreian Payne) accounted for 42.4 percent of the points.
- Adreian Payne accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Keith Appling has led the team in scoring 13 times in 26 games this season.
- Adreian Payne has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 26 games this season.
- Keith Appling has five straight double-digit point games.
- Adreian Payne recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Adreian Payne recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and fifth of his career.
- Adreian Payne set career highs with 14 rebounds and five offensive rebounds.
- Derrick Nix recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Derrick Nix has three straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Nix recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- Branden Dawson set a career high with four blocks.