San Diego State 70
(18-7, 6-5 away)
(19-7, 15-1 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
|San Diego State
|San Diego State
||C Tapley 22
||J O`Brien 11
||J O`Brien 2
||A Bennett 21
||A Bennett 12
||A Marshall 6
On Saturday, Feb. 16, San Diego State dropped a close one to UNLV 72-70 in conference play. The Aztecs are now 0-2 against UNLV this season. The Aztecs were led by Chase Tapley, who put up a game-high 22 points and six rebounds. J.J. O`Brien got a double-double with a season-high 15 points and 11 rebounds. Anthony Bennett got a double-double for the Rebels on a team-high 21 points and 12 rebounds. San Diego State (18-7, 6-5 MWC) hosts Wyoming (18-7, 4-7 MWC) on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
San Diego State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:00 left to go.
- San Diego State started 18-7 during the 2009, 2008, 2006, and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- SDSU beat the spread by two points. That makes the 11th time this season the Aztecs have beaten the spread.
- The Aztecs have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, San Diego State is 39-19 in close games.
- San Diego State has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording seven or fewer assists.
- San Diego State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the first loss of the season where the Aztecs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Chase Tapley accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (J.J. O`Brien and Chase Tapley) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chase Tapley has led the team in scoring in eight out of 25 games this season.
- J.J. O`Brien has led the team in rebounding in five out of 25 games this season.
- J.J. O`Brien recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- J.J. O`Brien recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
- J.J. O`Brien had career highs with seven field goals made and 11 rebounds.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Chase Tapley's career.
UNLV Game Notes
- The Rebels won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UNLV is 29-20 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch) accounted for 51.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 14 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Anthony Bennett's career.
- Anthony Bennett recorded a double-double. It was the 10th of his career.
|-||Dwayne Polee II||4||2||2||0||0||0||0|