San Diego State 70
(18-7, 6-5 away)
(19-7, 15-1 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
|San Diego State
|San Diego State
||C Tapley 22
||J O`Brien 11
||J O`Brien 2
||A Bennett 21
||A Bennett 12
||A Marshall 6
UNLV narrowly beat San Diego State 72-70 in conference action on Saturday, Feb. 16. The Rebels stay undefeated against San Diego State this season at 2-0. Anthony Bennett earned a double-double in the Rebels win including a team-high 21 points and 12 rebounds. Khem Birch had 16 points and added seven rebounds. For the Aztecs, Chase Tapley got a game-high 22 points and six rebounds. Next up for UNLV (19-7, 6-5 MWC) is 24th-ranked Colorado State (21-4, 8-2 MWC) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at home.
UNLV Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:00 left to go.
- UNLV started 19-7 during the 2010, 2009, 2008, 1999, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Rebels have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, UNLV is 29-20 in close games.
- The Rebels have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 10 or more steals.
- UNLV has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record eight or fewer free throws made.
- This season UNLV has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Anthony Bennett has 21 points or more and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Khem Birch has five field goals made or more.
- The Rebels have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Rebels came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--UNLV has a 16.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch) accounted for 51.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 14 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Anthony Bennett's career.
- Anthony Bennett recorded a double-double. It was the 10th of his career.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The Aztecs have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, San Diego State is 39-19 in close games.
- Chase Tapley accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (J.J. O`Brien and Chase Tapley) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chase Tapley has led the team in scoring eight times in 25 games this season.
- J.J. O`Brien has led the team in rebounding five times in 25 games this season.
- J.J. O`Brien recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- J.J. O`Brien recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
- J.J. O`Brien set career highs with seven field goals made and 11 rebounds.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Chase Tapley's career.
|-||Dwayne Polee II||4||2||2||0||0||0||0|