Austin Peay squared off with SIU Edwardsville on Saturday, Feb. 16 and got a road victory against the Cougars 83-71 in conference action. Austin Peay went up 40-24 at the half and continued to play well in the second half. With the win, the Governors even the season series against SIU Edwardsville at 1-1. Will Triggs played well for the Governors and got 14 points and six rebounds. Anthony Campbell had a game-high 21 points and added seven rebounds. Mark Yelovich got a team-high 21 points and five rebounds for the Cougars. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when Austin Peay (7-20, 3-10 OVC) goes to Eastern Kentucky (21-6, 10-3 OVC).
Austin Peay Game Notes
- APSU beat the spread by 14 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Governors have beaten the spread.
- The Governors have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- Austin Peay has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Campbell and Travis Betran) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Horton and Jerome Clyburn) accounted for 45.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Campbell has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 27 games this season.
- Chris Horton has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 27 games this season.
- Chris Horton recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Horton recorded a double-double. It was the seventh of his career.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Anthony Campbell's career.
- Jerome Clyburn had career highs with eight rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
SIU Edwardsville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mark Yelovich and Tim Johnson) accounted for 53.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mark Yelovich and Tim Johnson) accounted for 40.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Mark Yelovich has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 10 times in 23 games this season.
- Kris Davis has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Mark Yelovich's career.