Boise State 50
(16-8, 5-7 away)
(19) New Mexico 60
(22-4, 15-1 home)
Venue: The Pit
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||D Marks 19
||K Buckner 11
||A Drmic 3
||C Bairstow 16
||A Kirk 12
||T Snell 4
No. 19 New Mexico squared off with Boise State on Saturday, Feb. 16 and topped the Broncos 60-50 in conference action. The Lobos stay undefeated against Boise State this season at 2-0. The Lobos were led by Cameron Bairstow, who put up a team-high 16 points and seven rebounds. Tony Snell had 12 points and added six rebounds. For the Broncos, Derrick Marks got a game-high 19 points and seven rebounds. New Mexico (22-4, 9-2 MWC) gets 24th-ranked Colorado State (21-4, 8-2 MWC) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 23.
New Mexico Game Notes
- The last time Lobos started the season 22-4 was 2011.
- Lobos beat the spread by two points. That makes the 12th time this season the Lobos have beaten the spread.
- The Lobos have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 19 or more free throws made.
- New Mexico has won every game this season (9-0) when its three-point percentage has been 41.2 percent or better.
- New Mexico has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- Lobos has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- Lobos has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season New Mexico has won 84 percent of the time (16-3) when Kendall Williams has 10 points or more, 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Alex Kirk plays 30 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (13-0) when Tony Snell has four field goals made or more.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Lobos has a 11.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Cameron Bairstow and Tony Snell) accounted for 46.6 percent of the points.
- Alex Kirk accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Cameron Bairstow has led the team in scoring in four out of 26 games this season.
- Alex Kirk has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 26 games this season.
- Alex Kirk recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Hugh Greenwood.
Boise State Game Notes
- Derrick Marks accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- Kenny Buckner accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Derrick Marks has led the team in scoring 10 times in 24 games this season.
- Kenny Buckner has led the team in rebounding six times in 24 games this season.
- Derrick Marks has four straight double-digit point games.
- Kenny Buckner recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kenny Buckner set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.