On a night when they were outshot by the Miners 52.9 percent-32.3 percent, UCF was punished by Texas-El Paso 73-58 in conference play. UCF was only down 31-28 at the break, but Texas-El Paso broke it open in the second half and won by a big margin. Calvin Newell Jr. put up 14 points and four assists in the Knights loss. Tristan Spurlock also had a strong showing, scoring a team-high 15 points and adding six rebounds. John Bohannon finished with a game-high 16 points and five rebounds for the Miners. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when UCF (17-8, 7-4 C-USA) hosts Marshall (11-14, 4-6 C-USA).
UCF Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:15 left to go.
- UCF started 17-8 during the 2004 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, UCF has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, UCF has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- UCF set a season low for field goal percentage (32.3).
- The Knights have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- UCF has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Tristan Spurlock and Calvin Newell Jr.) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Tristan Spurlock has led the team in scoring in four out of 25 games this season.
- Keith Clanton has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 25 games this season.
- Isaiah Sykes has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Tristan Spurlock has four straight double-digit point games.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- The top two scorers (John Bohannon and Konner Tucker) accounted for 42.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (McKenzie Moore and Julian Washburn) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- John Bohannon has led the team in scoring six times in 24 games this season.
- McKenzie Moore has led the team in rebounding five times in 24 games this season.
- Konner Tucker has three straight double-digit point games.
- Julian Washburn has seven straight double-digit point games.