(14-10, 12-3 home)
Venue: Don Haskins Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||T Spurlock 15
||K Clanton 9
||C Newell Jr. 4
||J Bohannon 16
||M Moore 9
||J Streeter 6
Texas-El Paso smoked UCF 73-58 in C-USA play on an evening when they outshot the Knights 52.9 percent-32.3 percent. This one was close at the half, with Texas-El Paso leading 31-28. They pulled away in the second half and won by a big margin. The Miners were led by John Bohannon, who put up a game-high 16 points and five rebounds. McKenzie Moore also had a solid outing, scoring nine points and adding nine rebounds. For the Knights, Calvin Newell Jr. finished with 14 points and four assists. Texas-El Paso (14-10, 7-4 C-USA) gets Southern Miss (20-6, 9-2 C-USA) on the road on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:15 left to go.
- UTEP beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Miners have beaten the spread.
- The Miners have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- UTEP has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 21.4 percent three-point percentage.
- UTEP has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- This season Texas-El Paso has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when John Bohannon has 16 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Konner Tucker has five free throws made or more, and 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Jacques Streeter has six assists or more.
- Texas-El Paso has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--UTEP has a 10.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (John Bohannon and Konner Tucker) accounted for 42.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (McKenzie Moore and Julian Washburn) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- John Bohannon has led the team in scoring in six out of 24 games this season.
- McKenzie Moore has led the team in rebounding in five out of 24 games this season.
- Konner Tucker has three straight double-digit point games.
- Julian Washburn has seven straight double-digit point games.
UCF Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tristan Spurlock and Calvin Newell Jr.) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Tristan Spurlock has led the team in scoring four times in 25 games this season.
- Keith Clanton has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 25 games this season.
- Isaiah Sykes has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Tristan Spurlock has four straight double-digit point games.
|A||C. Newell Jr.||36||14||3||4||1||0||0|