Sacramento State 64
(12-12, 3-9 away)
Northern Colorado 78
(9-15, 7-4 home)
Venue: Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, February 16, 2013
||C Demps 13
||K Veteto 8
||J Carbajal 3
||D Barden 21
||D Barden 14
||P Garnica 4
Northern Colorado topped Sacramento State 78-64 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The game was never close, with Northern Colorado leading 45-27 at the half. The Bears even the season series against Sacramento State at 1-1 with the win. Derrick Barden picked up a double-double in the Bears win including a game-high 21 points and 14 rebounds. Tate Unruh also had an excellent game, scoring 20 points and adding four rebounds. Cody Demps finished with a season-high 13 points and six rebounds for the Hornets. This makes three wins in a row for the Bears. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when Northern Colorado (9-15, 7-9 Big Sky) hosts North Dakota (11-14, 8-8 Big Sky).
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- The last time UNC started the season 9-15 was 2008.
- The win over Sacramento State extended the Northern Colorado winning streak to three games.
- UNC beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- The Bears have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 78 or more total points.
- Northern Colorado has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when its field goal percentage has been 50.8 percent or better.
- UNC has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season Northern Colorado has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Tevin Svihovec has four assists or more.
- UNC set a season low for turnovers (seven).
- The Bears have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UNC has a 9.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Derrick Barden recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Barden and Tate Unruh) accounted for 52.5 percent of the points.
- Derrick Barden accounted for 38.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Tate Unruh's career.
- Tate Unruh has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Derrick Barden's career.
- Derrick Barden has four straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Barden recorded a double-double. It was the seventh of his career.
Sacramento State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Konner Veteto and Cody Demps) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Konner Veteto has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 24 games this season.
- Konner Veteto has three straight double-digit point games.