Sacramento State 64
(12-12, 3-9 away)
Northern Colorado 78
(9-15, 7-4 home)
Venue: Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, February 16, 2013
||C Demps 13
||K Veteto 8
||J Carbajal 3
||D Barden 21
||D Barden 14
||P Garnica 4
Sacramento State faced off with Northern Colorado on Saturday, Feb. 16 and was beaten at home by the Bears 78-64 in conference play. Sacramento State fell way behind at halftime, 45-27, and was never able to get back in it. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Cody Demps put up a season-high 13 points and six rebounds for the Hornets. Konner Veteto got 12 points and added eight rebounds. Derrick Barden recorded a double-double for the Bears on a game-high 21 points and 14 rebounds. Sacramento State (11-12, 6-9 Big Sky) takes on UC-Santa Barbara (8-15, 4-8 Big West) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Sacramento State Game Notes
- The Hornets have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 17.6 percent or worse.
- Sacramento State has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording nine or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Sacramento State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Sacramento State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Sacramento State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- The top two rebounders (Konner Veteto and Cody Demps) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Konner Veteto has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 24 games this season.
- Konner Veteto has three straight double-digit point games.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- Derrick Barden recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Barden and Tate Unruh) accounted for 52.5 percent of the points.
- Derrick Barden accounted for 38.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Tate Unruh's career.
- Tate Unruh has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Derrick Barden's career.
- Derrick Barden has four straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Barden recorded a double-double. It was the seventh of his career.