(19-5, 8-4 away)
Idaho State 54
(5-20, 4-6 home)
Venue: Reed Gym
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, February 16, 2013
||M Ward 12
||W Cherry 11
||W Cherry 6
||M Morgan 14
||A Hatchett 6
||T Sanchez 5
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Montana got a win on the road against Idaho State 61-54 in Big Sky action. With the win, the Grizzlies remain undefeated against Idaho State this season at 2-0. Will Cherry secured a double-double in the win with 10 points and 11 rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl). Kareem Jamar had 10 points and added five rebounds. For the Bengals, Chris Hansen got 12 points and four rebounds. Montana (19-5, 15-1 Big Sky) goes to Davidson (19-7, 14-1 SoCon) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Montana Game Notes
- The last time UM started the season 19-5 was 2005.
- The Grizzlies have won every game this season (6-0) after recording five or more blocks.
- Montana has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- UM has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- UM has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Montana has won 88 percent of the time (15-2) when Mathias Ward has 12 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Kareem Jamar plays 38 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Will Cherry has eight free throws made or more.
- Will Cherry recorded a team season high in rebounds with 11.
- Will Cherry accounted for 37.9 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Mathias Ward has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 24 games this season.
- Will Cherry has led the team in rebounding in four out of 24 games this season.
- Will Cherry recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Will Cherry has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Will Cherry recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
- Will Cherry had a career high with 11 rebounds.
Idaho State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Melvin Morgan and Chris Hansen) accounted for 48.1 percent of the points.
- Melvin Morgan has led the team in scoring 10 times in 25 games this season.
- Andre` Hatchett has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 25 games this season.
- Melvin Morgan has four straight double-digit point games.