Montana State 61
(10-14, 2-10 away)
Weber State 69
(19-5, 12-1 home)
Venue: Dee Events Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||M Colbert 19
||P Egwuonwu 6
||M Colbert 3
||D Berry 21
||F Otis 5
||D Berry 5
Weber State shot 64.1 percent from the floor and defeated Montana State 69-61 in conference action on Saturday, Feb. 16. With the win, the Wildcats even the season series against Montana State at 1-1. The Wildcats were led by Davion Berry, who put up a game-high 21 points and five assists. Frank Otis had 14 points and added five rebounds. For the Bobcats, Marcus Colbert got a season-high 19 points (5 Reb 3 Ast), including 5-of-7 shooting from three-point range. The Wildcats are on a five-game win streak. Next up for Weber State (19-5, 14-2 Big Sky) is Oral Roberts (15-10, 10-3 SLC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Weber State Game Notes
- The last time Weber State started the season 19-5 was 2002.
- The win over Montana State extended the Weber State winning streak to six games.
- The Wildcats have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording six or more blocks.
- Weber State has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- Weber State has won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- Weber State has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- Weber State has won every game this season (16-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Weber State has won 82 percent of the time (14-3) when Scott Bamforth has 11 points or more, 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Frank Otis has four field goals made or more, and 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Davion Berry has four free throws made or more.
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past nine games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Weber State has a 23.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Davion Berry accounted for 30.4 percent of the team's points.
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 24 games this season.
- Frank Otis has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Davion Berry's career.
- Davion Berry has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Davion Berry had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Frank Otis has three straight double-digit point games.
Montana State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bobcats losing streak to four games.
- Marcus Colbert accounted for 31.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Paul Egwuonwu and Marcus Colbert) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Paul Egwuonwu has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 24 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Xavier Blount.