Montana State 61
(10-14, 2-10 away)
Weber State 69
(19-5, 12-1 home)
Venue: Dee Events Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 16, 2013
||M Colbert 19
||P Egwuonwu 6
||M Colbert 3
||D Berry 21
||F Otis 5
||D Berry 5
Montana State allowed Weber State to shoot 64.1 percent from the field and took a home loss to the Wildcats 69-61 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Bobcats got a good performance from Marcus Colbert, who put up a season-high 19 points (5 Reb 3 Ast), with 15 coming from three-point range. Paul Egwuonwu had 12 points and added six rebounds. For the Wildcats, Davion Berry got a game-high 21 points and five assists. The Bobcats are on a five-game losing streak. Montana State (10-14, 7-9 Big Sky) hosts South Dakota (8-18, 4-10 Summit League) on Sunday, Feb. 24.
Montana State Game Notes
- The last time MTST started the season 10-14 was 2006.
- MTST beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 10th time this season the Bobcats have beaten the spread.
- Montana State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 26 or fewer rebounds.
- The Bobcats have lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Montana State has lost 87 percent of the time (2-13).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Montana State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Montana State has lost 75 percent of the time (4-12).
- MTST set a season low for free throws made (eight).
- Montana State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Marcus Colbert accounted for 31.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Paul Egwuonwu and Marcus Colbert) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Paul Egwuonwu has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 24 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Xavier Blount.
Weber State Game Notes
- Davion Berry accounted for 30.4 percent of the team's points.
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring 10 times in 24 games this season.
- Frank Otis has led the team in rebounding seven times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Davion Berry's career.
- Davion Berry has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Davion Berry set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Frank Otis has three straight double-digit point games.