Florida Gulf Coast 74
(19-9, 6-8 away)
(10-15, 7-5 home)
Venue: Allen Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 16, 2013
|Florida Gulf Coast
|Florida Gulf Coast
||B Thompson 23
||S Brown 9
||B Comer 12
||M Smith 30
||S Hurt 10
||C Sanderson 4
Florida Gulf Coast faced off with Lipscomb on Saturday, Feb. 16 and got beat at home by the Bisons 84-74 in conference play. The Eagles remain winless against Lipscomb this season at 0-2. Bernard Thompson got a team-high 23 points and seven rebounds in the loss. Sherwood Brown had 17 points and added nine rebounds. Martin Smith got a double-double for the Bisons on a career-high 30 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Friday, Feb. 22 when Florida Gulf Coast (19-9, 11-4 Atlantic Sun) goes to Stetson (11-14, 8-6 Atlantic Sun).
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- When the opposition records 84 or more total points this season, Florida Gulf Coast has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Florida Gulf Coast has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.2 percent or better this season, Florida Gulf Coast has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- FGCU set a season low for steals (three).
- The Eagles have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past eight games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Eagles opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Bernard Thompson accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Sherwood Brown and Bernard Thompson) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Bernard Thompson has led the team in scoring in six out of 28 games this season.
- Sherwood Brown has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Bernard Thompson's career.
- Bernard Thompson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Bernard Thompson had a career high with 10 field goals made.
- This game was the ninth double-digit assist game of Brett Comer's career.
- Brett Comer had a career high with 12 assists.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Chase Fieler.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Eddie Murray.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Eric McKnight.
Lipscomb Game Notes
- Martin Smith accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Martin Smith and Stephen Hurt) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Martin Smith has led the team in scoring four times in 25 games this season.
- Deonte Alexander has six straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Martin Smith's career.
- Martin Smith recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Martin Smith set career highs with 30 points, nine field goals made, 11 free throws made, 10 rebounds, and seven defensive rebounds.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Khion Sankey.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Stephen Hurt's career.
- Stephen Hurt recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.