Florida Atlantic 57
(12-16, 3-12 away)
LA Lafayette 58
(10-17, 9-4 home)
8:15PM ET / 5:15PM PT, February 16, 2013
||G Gantt 18
||J McCoy 17
||J McCoy 3
||S Long 16
||E Payton 8
||E Payton 5
On a night when they turned the ball over 15 times, Florida Atlantic let one slip away to Louisiana 58-57 in conference play. The Owls tie the season series against Louisiana at 1-1 with the loss. The Owls got a good performance from Jordan McCoy, who put up eight points and 17 rebounds. Pablo Bertone scored 13 points and added seven rebounds. For the Ragin Cajuns, Elfrid Payton got 14 points and eight rebounds (5 Ast 5 Stl). Florida Atlantic (12-16, 7-10 Sun Belt) gets North Texas (10-18, 5-12 Sun Belt) on the road on Thursday, Feb. 21.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- The last time FAU started the season 12-16 was 2007.
- FAU beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- The Owls have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida Atlantic is 32-30 in close games.
- Florida Atlantic has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Owls have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 35.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition commits nine or fewer turnovers this season, Florida Atlantic has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- The Owls have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- Florida Atlantic has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Jordan McCoy recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17.
- Greg Gantt accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Jordan McCoy accounted for 36.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring in 24 out of 28 games this season.
- Jordan McCoy has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 28 games this season.
- Greg Gantt has 25 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan McCoy recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan McCoy had career highs with 17 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
Louisiana Game Notes
- The Ragin Cajuns won this one, but have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Louisiana is 35-39 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Shawn Long and Elfrid Payton) accounted for 51.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Shawn Long and Elfrid Payton) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Shawn Long has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 23 times in 27 games this season.
- Elfrid Payton has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Elfrid Payton set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Shawn Long has three straight double-digit point games.